Today I have six turn-offs for buyers that you should consider when selling.
There are many things that can turn a buyer off of a prospective property. To help all the home sellers out there, I have made a list of the top six things that can deter buyers.
1. Damp marks. Almost all buyers are put off when they see damp marks on the ceiling or moisture stains on the walls or carpet.
2. Odors. Over half of buyers say that they dislike smells like cigarette smoke, pet odors, and dampness.
3. Dull lighting. If it is dark in a home, over half of buyers will be turned off from the property. It is a good idea to brighten it up and replace any fluorescent bulbs with incandescent or LED bulbs. This will make the home much brighter.
4. Outdated bathrooms. Many buyers find bathrooms that aren’t updated to be unattractive.
5. Cluttered Rooms. Cluttered rooms are a turn-off to many buyers.
6. Off-putting decor. Buyers can be put off by a home that has over-the-top or excessively modern-looking decor.
If you have any questions about this, or if you’re interested in speaking with me more about buying or selling, please feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to speaking with you soon.