Here are five things you should make sure are in order before winter.
Want to sell your home? Get a FREE home value report.
Want to buy a home? Search all homes for sale.
Check out the new app now!
Today I’ll give you a few things you should do this fall before it gets too cold:
1. Daylight savings time. On the morning of November 7th, you’ll have to turn your clocks back one hour.
2. Garden hoses. It’s starting to get down to freezing every night, so make sure your garden hoses are unhooked from your outside spigots and drained out so that you don’t have freezing and flooding problems later.
3. Furnaces. I recommend that you have your furnace and HVAC serviced once a year. Have your furnace checked and change your furnace filter.
4. Carbon monoxide detector. You should make sure the batteries are good.
5. Shovel. Make sure you have a snow shovel that’s in good shape.
I hope you found these tips helpful. If you have any questions about what else you might need to do in the fall or if you’re thinking of buying or selling a house, I encourage you to reach out to me directly at 608-212-5743. I look forward to hearing from you.