How have prices for the same homes on Madison's east side changed over time? We looked to the MLS database for some answers. First, we identified all of the homes on Madison's east side that sold via the MLS during 2008. Then we identified the subset of these homes that also sold on the MLS during 2005, 2006 or 2007.
Here's what we found:
- Of the homes that sold via the MLS in 2008, 116 also sold via the MLS during 2005, 2006 or 2007.
- 54 of the 116 homes (47%) sold in 2008 for a price that was at or above the most recent selling price. The highest price increase was $113,000. Note: a few of the homes that increased in value were obvious "rehab and flip" properties.
- 62 of the 116 homes (53%) sold for a price decrease. The largest price decrease was $100,000.
You'll find a full list of the 116 properties below.
2008 homes that sold at or above their previous selling price
Homes that sold for between $0 and $20,000 less in 2008
Homes that sold for at least $20,000 less in 2008
This market update is provided courtesy of Dan Miller and Shawn Kriewaldt of Keller Williams Realty and DaneCountyMarket.com. For more information, please contact Dan at 608-852-7071 (email@example.com) or Shawn at 608-212-5743 firstname.lastname@example.org). Don't forget: if you're buying or selling, whether your timeline is 3 months or 3 years, we can help.
Track the market and search for real estate
- Did you know you can receive our monthly updates via email? Just go to our newsletter sign-up, enter your email address, and select your topic(s) of interest.
- Our real estate search tools are easy-to-use. Learn how you can simplify your search by saving your search settings, receiving email updates, and tracking your own list of "favorite" properties.
Email this article to a friend: